There are many reasons people get injured on the slopes. Every winter we see a large amount of people injured skiing, snowboarding and spending time at the snow. This week we bring you 6 tips to reduce your risk of injury.
1. Injuries are common when snow sporters attempt runs above their level of competency - ski at your level and be safe.
2. Warm up prior to hitting the slopes - particularly if you’ve just done a long drive to get there!
3. Most injuries occur after a few days when you are fatigued - take a rest day to reduce your risk of an overuse injury or making a mistake.
4. Dehydration and inadequate energy intake hinders your ability to perform - Drink lots of water and take rests to eat.
5.Warm down and stretch after a day on the slopes. Stretch your quads, glutes, calves, hip flexors and back.
6. Take care when walking around in the snow. Many injuries occur from falls on icy slopes!