Skiing and snowboarding are very physically demanding activities. Many of us don’t adequately prepare our bodies for long days of shredding on the slopes.
Here are 5 great exercises to prepare your body, not only to reduce the risk of injuries, but also improve performance.
1. Squats: Help strengthen your glutes and quads for when you get on the slopes
2. Side planks: Strengthen your obliques and glute mede, ensuring faster turns
3. Sustained squats: Holding for as long as you can to increase endurance
4. Calf raises: Transferring weight is very important with skiing and snowboarding and having strong calves helps.
5. Hopping then landing and holding: A stable and smooth transfer of weight between feet is important for turning in skiing or boarding.
Before you leave, ensure your gear is in good service and fits well.
Skiers ensure your DIN settings are correct to minimise knee injuries.
See our Facebook page for videos and photos of these exercises!