Want to prevent injuries while playing netball?
Follow our tips this week to reduce the risk, enhance performance and prolong game time.
1. Ensure you complete an adequate warm up. This has been shown to decrease injuries in netball.
2. Book in with us for an assessment for individualised advice and exercises to enhance your performance and decrease injury risk.
3. Follow the KNEE program developed by Netball Australia to practice and perfect techniques involving landing, take off, deceleration and change of direction
4. Improve strength and power in the lower limb muscles.
5. Practice landing! Reducing injuries is not only about having a powerful jump, but having good technique on landing.
6. Ensure you wear the correct shoes. Netball shoes are designed for the surface and movements.