There are many risk factors that increase chances of sustaining an injury in Netball.
Today we bring you 6 risk factors.
1. Landing and sudden stopping- 46% of injuries in netball are due to landing and sudden stopping when catching the ball.
2. Stress on knees- Landing with a single leg and pivoting, a common movement in netball, places a lot of stress through the ligaments in the knee.
3. ACL Injuries- Females are 4-6 times more likely to sustain an ACL injury
4. Knees and ankles- The quick acceleration and deceleration required in netball increases the chances of knee and ankle injuries.
5. Self Movement and Body Position- Poor preconception and strength in the lower limbs increased the risk of injury.
6. Exercise and Technique- Some rick factors in netball are modifiable through exercise and technique improvement.