Most running injuries (50-75%) can be attributed to overuse caused by incorrect technique. Ensuring correct running technique reduces injury risk and improves performance.
We recommend a professional technique assessment to provide individualised advice and correction.
1. Over striding increases your load through your legs and reduces power.
2. An upright posture can increase your running efficiency.
3. Relaxing your shoulder improves breathing and reduces neck muscle tension.
4. Correct arm swing improves overall body mechanics and helps with keeping rhythm in your running.
5. Foot strike - There is no strong evidence of whether heel or forefoot strike is more beneficial. Everyone has different running styles.