Training for a running event?
Increasing your training load too quickly will put you at risk of an overuse injury. These are common when people do not plan their training appropriately.
1. Decrease your injury risk by slowly building up your training load.
2. Training load = time spent exercising + intensity level.
3. If you don’t run regularly, start with a short duration with mostly walking and a small amount of running.
4. Training for a running event must start months before your goal event.
5. Slowly increase your endurance until you can run consistently for the distance of your event.